Wanna work for your favorite insurance company? Well, now’s your chance! Our tech team is looking for a Senior PHP engineer to join our team in Redwood City, California! You’ll be faced with all kinds of challenges ranging from building new consumer-facing products for web and mobile, to architecting highly scalable solutions to lead us into the future.
Here are the full details:
NGI is looking for a PHP web developer to join its small, but dynamic tech team. NGI is taking the world of insurance and bringing it into the 21st century. We’re building new tools and products to help people protect themselves and the things they care about in ways never before possible.
The primary job responsibility for the PHP web developer position is to provide PHP programming and functionality for a variety of consumer-related websites, intranets, extranets and web-based applications. You will be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in new and creative ways. The ideal candidates work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and deal professionally with both teammates and clients in order to meet business and technical demands.
- Work across teams to develop sites from scratch or enhance existing websites and software to meet business requirement
- Working closely with the business team to build requirements define elegant technology solutions.
- Implement and support existing applications using the technologies mentioned above.
- Recommend architecture and design optimizations to improve the scalability of the applications and maximize performance
- You’re a hacker who gets things done
- Significant experience PHP and MySQL
- Experience with Frameworks such as Cake, Code Igniter, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- Understanding of software architecture
- Experience with highly-scalable applications
- Able working across the entire software development lifecycle, from concept, to testing, to launch
- Demonstrated ability to build impressive, non-trivial web applications
Nice to haves:
- Mobile app development on iOS or Android
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS 3
- Experience with Amazon Web Services running Apache, memcached
- Development experience consuming or providing web service APIs
- Experience with distributed version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Interest in Mobile Application Development (iOS, Android)
- Prior start-up experience.
If you’ve built anything interesting outside of work/school, we want to see it. Links to web apps, repos, portfolios, etc are greatly appreciated.